You have now installed the Aureola conky collection following this article.
Now you have a hidden folder on your computer with all the conky’s of aureola.
Navigate to ~/.aureola. CTRL + H shows all the hidden folders.
Now choose a directory of a conky you like. There are images available in the folder.
Run the installation script provided :
This script will provide the following elements :
- making sure all folders are available
- alerting if you want to overwrite the ~/.config/conky files
- copy all files of that particular conky to ~/.config/conky
- making sure you autostart conky upon reboot
- install the fonts if they are missing – missing fonts just break the conky
- checking dependencies and installing the extra software needed for this conky
- and last but not least – run the conky
Aureola’s home folder is a hidden one.
Conky’s home folder is also a hidden one.
Anything with the name conky.conf will be started if in the conky’s home folder.