Sardi icons are modular.
It means you can mix icons together from different icon themes. But there are some elements you should know before even trying to avoid frustrations and failure.
- never mess with the original icons – make a copy to your ~/.icons
- delete the icon cache file
- rename your folder and index.theme – use the same name
- use the power of the inherits line in index.theme
- delete whatever folders/icons you do not like and reload the icon theme until you are happy
It will make more sense after the video.