On my personal github @ https://github.com/erikdubois/themes-icons-pack I want to collect (and easily install) all the best icons and themes out there.
When I was updating this github repository I remembered I like the faba icon folders and wondered if I could combine them with the sardi icons.
That is the topic at hand in the tutorial.
Just download all the extra made Sardi icon themes from google drive. You will need the Sardi icon themes from Sourceforge too since they depend on each other.
Extract the compressed files and put them in the hidden folder .icons
You can get the Mint-Y-Faba theme from the movie at my github.
Get the faba icons as well by copy/pasting these lines in a terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:moka/daily -y
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install moka-icon-theme faba-mono-icons faba-icon-theme -y
Content of the tutorial
- get the faba icons (github script)
- faba can be found in /usr/share/icons
- Copy/paste a suitable candidate
- rename the folder
- delete the cache
- rename the name inside the index.theme
- change colour to the faba colour via gpick
- change colour from #1793d1 to #d5c9da
- making a theme to match
- github for ultimate-linux-mint-18-cinnamon
- github for mint-y theme
- looking for the right colour
- changing the colours
- deleting the green assets
- making the new faba assets
- rename the icon theme on all levels